In our guide to buy cheap solar hot water heater you will find all the necessary information to get a team of this nature that can be really useful in any home.
Did you know that water heating normally occupies third place in the energy costs of a type home? This justifies that more and more people look for different alternatives to have hot water at home, reducing costs with solar equipment that are also friendly to the environment.
Definitely take a shower with solar hot water heaters is one of those simple activities but we all like to do, especially in times of very cold. And many times we don’t enjoy it thinking about how many dollars we can spend, that’s why buy solar water heater for sale in amazon are an excellent alternative.
- 1 Buy the best solar hot water heater for sale of 2019
- 2 What is a solar water heater?
- 3 What water heater to buy? Types
- 4 How to choose solar hot water heater
- 5 Flat water solar heater vs tubes Which is better?
- 6 Opinions of solar water heaters: benefits
- 7 How to make a solar hot water heater
- 8 How much money can you save with a solar hot water heater?
- 9 Where to buy cheap solar water heaters?
- 10 See the solar hot water heater kits for sale in the follow links.
- 11 What is the best solar water heater?
- 12 See the solar panels that might interest you.
Buy the best solar hot water heater for sale of 2019
What is a solar water heater?
What is the sSolar water heaters are systems that use solar energy from the sun to generate heat, which is then used to heat water, either to heat a house, to shower or for industrial processes. It should be clarified that these systems do not generate electricity.
As I said several times, solar energy is one of the main sources of energy on our planet, which gives us energy for plant growth and provides an ideal climate for our planet to be a habitable place.
Although solar water heaters have existed for more than 100 years, it is in recent years where much progress has been made in their technology, where efficiency has been increased by more than fifty percent, capturing that sunlight in supply for hot water Without a doubt, solar water heaters are one of the best and most effective ways to reduce the generation of carbon in a house. Where the use of electricity, fuel or gas for heating is compensated, in addition to using solar heaters you can see a great saving by reducing energy costs.
A solar water heater panels absorbs sunlight by means of a collector that is placed on the roof turning it into heat. That heat is transported to a water tank by means of a circulation pump, where that exchange is activated by its thermal regulator, which is activated only when the collector has a temperature higher than the water in the tank. The thermal regulator is to prevent the circulation pumps from using electricity unnecessarily and also prevent overheating.
As with , the highest efficiency point of solar heaters is at noon in summer, when the sky is clear of clouds. Although they also work very well in other seasons, although the sky is cloudy much of the day. Where you can improve your efficiency with a gradient of 35 degrees and if they are installed vertically you can double your efficiency.
However, if there is not enough sunlight, the water is preheated and the backup system is responsible for bringing that water to the required temperature. Therefore, it is a system that can be used to produce hot water at a temperature throughout the year and the good thing is that without emitting any CO2.
What water heater to buy? Types
When you search on the internet you will see that there are so many different types of solar thermal collectors models and so different that you will surely ask yourself what water heater to buy, so we will detail below the different types that exist.
Solar flat water heater
This type of heater owes its name to the flat plate solar collector that rests on the conduits through which the water circulates. They can be found in the market with and without cover allowing temperatures to reach between 30º and 70º, according to the design.
- Electric water heater element
- 4500 watts-240 volts 14-Inch
- Universal flat flange type elements fit most models
- High Watt Density heating element
- UL Listed
- Low Watt Density heating element
- UL Listed
Solar Vacuum Tube Water Heaters
Unlike the previous model, these heaters absorb radiation through vacuum tubes through which water also circulates. The tubes have an internal copper structure that keeps the heat and makes them really efficient. In addition, they reach temperatures between 50º and 190º according to the model.
Concentration solar heaters
These are the heaters most used in the industries, this is because their concave design allows to reflect the radiation, so they necessarily require that solar energy reach them directly. They reach very high temperatures and are large.
Homemade solar water heaters
As the name implies, they are equipment built outside an industry. Many users choose to document and make them for themselves to spend less, but if you do not have the necessary knowledge and tools it can be a waste of money, time and effort.
Active Solar Water Heating Systems
The they are the ones that need an alternate mechanism to move the water inside the tank, keep it moving and at the right temperature.
- On demand a continuous and unlimited supply of hot water
- Sleek design saves space and no venting required
- Requires hard-wired 240 or 208-volt electric service, with a maximum draw of 28,800 watts at 240 volts or 21,600 watts at 208 volts
- Bosch Special Edition 175,000 BTU Condensing Tankless Water Heater
- Equivalent to the Bosch Greentherm C950ES-NG Natural Gas Tankless Water Heater
- Benchmark temperature stability achieved with an active bypass
- Bosch Special Edition 199,000 BTU Condensing Tankless Water Heater
- Equivalent to the Bosch Greentherm C1050ES-LP Liquid Propane Tankless Water Heater
- Benchmark temperature stability achieved with an active bypass
Passive solar water heater
These are heaters that do not require any additional mechanism or external energy to move water that is kept warm thanks to its density and weight. See the
- Rated power: 93/67/46 W. NPT 3/4 inch (19.05 mm) inlet/outlet. Voltage/Frequency: 110-120V, 60Hz. Max pressure: 145 psi (10 bar),the circulation pump with...
- Easy installation, only need a wrench to connect the pump to the pipeline, saving you the cost of plumbers; Instant hot water, waiting for 2-3 minutes in...
- Prevent pipes from freezing in winter, especially for cold winter areas. In addition, if your pipes pass through the floor, the floor will also become...
- Keep your pool warm with a polypropylene heat collector
- Solar heater features 80 square feet of solar panels
- Pool accessory is perfect for heating any aboveground swimming pool
- Keep your pool warm with a polypropylene heat collector. Direct Flow System - One Header Hole for Each Heating Tube
- Solar heater features 80 square feet of solar panels
- Pool accessory is perfect for heating any in-ground swimming pool
How to choose solar hot water heater
Most likely at this point, you still don’t know how to choose solar water heaters that are efficient and reliable. Remember that it is essential that you take into consideration some key aspects such as the use that you are going to give it and the budget you have to make your purchase.
Let’s start with the most sensitive aspect, which is definitely the price. Solar water heaters are available in the market for very different prices depending on their characteristics. The cheapest models are on Amazon. Remember that there are many Chinese manufacturers that have good quality equipment and really attractive prices. If you are looking for used water heaters for sure you will find an excellent price.
The type of use is another key aspect, a solar water heater for domestic use is not the same as a water heater for heating or for swimming pools. The type of use determines its characteristics, so it is vital to reflect first on what we need to buy what really suits us.
It is also important to consider the materials with which the solar thermal water heater collector is made. They must be high quality materials since they are equipment that are exposed to high temperatures and external factors that can impact their deterioration. They must be made with stainless steel or aluminum, as well as copper or galvanized steel in the pipes.
Panel or tubes? If you live in a place where problems with water pressure are recorded, you should think about it before buying a solar water heater with vacuum tubes. These types of heaters do not usually withstand strong pressure so their pipes tend to break easily.
Choose a pool water heater
How many times have you declined to enter your pool because the water is so cold that you find it rather unpleasant or uncomfortable? Problem solved by choosing a water heater for swimming pools that thanks to its solar powered water heater supply are long-term and really convenient profitable equipment.
For the users of solar water heaters for swimming pools this investment has been very good, since they can use them for much longer even on the days in which the weather is not the most favorable. This type of water heaters will allow you to have the right temperature in your pool every day of the year.
- Lifetime warranty
- Save up to 60-percent on your water heating cost with an ECOSMART electric tankless water heater
- Never run out of hot water with an ECOSMART tankless water heater
- The product is highly durable
- The product is easy to use
- Manufactured in China
- Simple DIY installation; for in ground or above ground pools
- Installs on roof, rack, ground or fence
- Patented web design for maximum exposure to sun's rays
Flat water solar heater vs tubes Which is better?
When searching online store catalogs such as Amazon, you may have doubts about whether to choose between a flat water solar heater and a vacuum tube heater. Next we will talk about its characteristics to define together which is better.
Flat solar water tank heaters are provided with a flat panel through which they receive solar energy to change the temperature of the water in the tank. Its disadvantage is that the position of the sun can influence the amount of energy that the panel can absorb.
Vacuum tube solar heaters have the ability to receive energy from the sun from various points, they are more economical and very profitable equipment therefore more used in homes. Its point of improvement is that water pressure can break the pipes and interrupt their operation.
Installing and Maintaining the solar hot water heater System
Proper installation of solar water heaters depends on many things. Factors that include weather, solar resources and security problems. Therefore, it is best that a specialized installer install the solar energy system.
Once the system is installed, proper maintenance must be performed to keep it running smoothly. Passive heater systems do not require much maintenance. As for active systems, you should talk with the supplier to see what kind of maintenance you have. Then the glass should be cleaned from time to time.
But keep in mind that these maintenance are infrequent (approx. Every 3 years). As for the life of solar heaters they are 10 years.
Opinions of solar water heaters: benefits
One of the great advantages of buying solar water heaters in online portals such as Amazon is that you will have access to various opinions of solar water heaters, so it will be easier for you to evaluate their benefits.
The benefit most valued by users is definitely savings. Users verify that by a considerable initial investment their electricity and gas bills can be greatly reduced month by month. Consequently, it is an investment with a safe return.
Users who are concerned about its impact on the environment are the main buyers of this type of heater. Remember that gas and electric heaters emit gases into the environment that contribute to the greenhouse effect on the planet with the. If you want to make a contribution to the Earth, opting for a solar water heater is a good way to start.
- It uses solar energy to heat the water.
- Compensates monthly bills for electric or gas service.
- It is ideal for places that have a lot of sunlight.
- The investment is low cost.
Advantages of solar water heaters (Cons)
- The tank takes up a lot of space.
- It does not usually have good efficiency in places where the weather is cloudy.
- For the tank to produce an ideal amount of heat, its location must be planned before installation.
- More equipment, more maintenance.
If your question is: How to build a homemade solar heater? You have arrived at the right place, since we are going to deepen on how to build a solar heater using plastic bottles, when you finish reading this article you can do it yourself.
This will not only allow you to generate clean, renewable and inexhaustible energy in the home, but it will help to recycle and reuse many waste that would normally end up in the garbage container of any home, and end your life in a landfill or even in a landfill full environment. For not overlooking the economic savings of a and the advantages it offers.
Homemade solar heater, an economical option
Building aat low cost, for a cheap price, with recycled material, is very simple. Although it is true that it will be necessary to know what are the necessary steps to be able to carry out the construction of a system to heat water of this type.
The construction of a home water heater is ideal both to save money and to support the environment around us. Those who support ecology, thanks to their awareness of the importance of making use of alternative energy sources, will see in this model of systems a great help to take care of the environment.
It is estimated that a family of 4 people, of 4 members, make use of about 80-100 liters of hot water daily, adding the hot water used in the bathroom and kitchen. Depending on the number of people per family, the size of the home solar heater will vary and its price.
Before getting down to work, it will be necessary to verify that the roof of the house is capable of supporting the roof water solar heater and the liters of water that are required in each particular case, in addition to making sure that the surface it has is wide enough to be able to install the home heater.
Before building a solar heater it will be necessary to gather a series of materials to be able to start its construction. It is important to take note of this list of products that must be at hand in your home manufacturing:
- 30 plastic bottles that have a capacity of 1.5 or 2 liters. It is important to ensure that all bottles have the same capacity and that before using them, their labels have been completely removed.
- 12 m of polyethylene hose for irrigation in black (it is essential that the hose be black and not of any other color)
- “T” joints and elbows
- An electric drill
- An 18-20 mm cup wick
How to build a solar hot water heater step by step?
The construction of a homemade solar water heater does not entail serious difficulties if you are a little handyman, since with a few simple steps you can have a homemade solar heater in the house. Let’s see the steps to follow:
- First, it will be necessary to make a hole or hole in the base of each of the plastic bottles to be used. It must be identical to the diameter of the hole in each bottle where its cap goes.
- Once all the holes have been made, five sections of two meters each of the black polyethylene hose must be cut.
- Subsequently, one bottle will have to be joined with the other, for which the neck of one must be inserted in the hole drilled in the base of another bottle, forming columns that have six bottles.
- Then a piece of hose of 2 meters must be introduced into each created column, creating a grill of a total of 30 bottles that will be finished by means of “T” joints and elbows at the ends in the middle area.
- The grill has to be placed towards the sun, on a sheet roof, and then water is introduced through the lower area. Remember that it has to be installed with an inclination of 45º.
- After about 15-20 minutes of sun exposure, the water will come out at the top at approximately 45-50 degrees, being ready to be used. This phenomenon is known as “thermosiphon.”
- You can add an insulated container that is responsible for storing hot water, it is advisable to use containers of about 200 liters recycled and have never been used to transport toxic or dangerous products. Building a home will allow you to enjoy hot water both day and night.
- The water inlet will be plugged into one end of the tube and the other end to the inlet of the electric heater.
It is not a very complex task, but if someone is not able to cope with a job of this type always has two alternatives within reach, or be helped by a more skilled family member / friend, or opt for the installation of one of the many solar heaters on the market that, despite having a higher price, offer sublime results and a very long duration over time.
How the homemade solar water heater works
In general, it must be said that this heater creates in each of the bottles used for its manufacture a small greenhouse that ensures that the heat of solar radiation is trapped in each of them. Then, all that heat is absorbed by the black hose and transferred to the water, heating the latter.
That is, the sun’s rays pass through the transparent surface that the bottles of the home heater possess and impact directly against the black tube of the hose. The black color perfectly absorbs the heat emitted by radiation and said heat is retained inside each bottle.
Since the water will always reach a higher temperature than that of the solar heater itself, it will be disconnected and will not consume a bit of electricity. The same will happen when a greater amount of water is consumed than is capable of generating the heater, in which case it will also be connected.
It can be said that, in this way, a device is built to heat water, for sanitary use, with totally renewable energy. It is estimated that a typical family of four people uses approximately 80 liters of hot water per day in the kitchen and bathroom. One can build this heater of the size you want, according to the capacity of hot water required for daily use, because it is armed with columns of 6 bottles, with 2 meters of hose each.
As many columns as you want can be coupled in parallel and the roof of the support house is used. Because once built, this ecological heater is placed on the roof of sheet metal of the house, and if it is loaded with 100 liters of water, the weight must be supported by the roof structure.
How much money can you save with a solar hot water heater?
It’s very simple, invest in a solar heater, you would be using a great source of clean and free energy to help the environment and your economy. Yes, this initial investment may seem a bit high, but it quickly returns.
Using the sun, you save a minimum of 75% of the gas you consume to heat water, which translates into much smaller gas bills and a much smaller environmental impact.
Imagine, in a family of 5 people you can save up to 1,100 liters of gas per year.
Now, we are talking about gas, but with a solar heater you can save in many more ways. To begin with, the simple act of taking measures to spend less and hurt the environment less will lead you to spend less water, use resources better and generate greater environmental awareness in all the people around you.
If you choose a flat solar heater, you would also have to invest less in maintenance and you would get a product that you know will last 20 years (a gas water heater lasts on average 10 to 15 years). In other words, a solar heater lasts up to twice as much as a gas heater, it is a double saving.
Where to buy cheap solar water heaters?
If you have reached our guide it is because you are interested in knowing where to buy cheap solar water heaters. And the first thing you should know is that this is completely possible if you access the best products available on Amazon.
In these online stores selling solar water heaters, you will not only find the best models but also the most convenient offers on the market. Either for special seasons or for a promotion, buying on these web portals ensures you the best price on the market for .
The offer of solar water heaters in these portals is very wide that is why you can decide which one is more convenient by comparing its price as the best features. You can also see the opinions of other users that will help you form your own criteria on these equipment so useful for any home today.
The cheapest solar water heaters on the market
In online stores like Amazon there are proposals for all budgets, so in this section of our guide we will introduce you to the cheapest solar water heaters on the market. Here are several very interesting models for their quality and price ratio.
- solar collector of solar hot water heater
- 10 Vacuum glass tubes(diameter 58mm, length 500mm)
- Manifold: Outer shell: Aluminum Alloy, Thickness:1.8mm;Insulating layer:rock wool overall
- Ideal for above ground pools and soft sided Intex style pools; For larger pools or more heat more than one sunCOIL may easily be installed
- FREE CONNECTION KIT and DIVERTER VALVE KIT (controls proper water flow through dome & allows water to bypass dome during pool vacuuming)
- Clear Dome (performs like car windows in summer) and Black Coil help absorb sun's heat energy to transfer to your pool water
- Hailstone Resistance: up to φmm (1"), Max Operating Pressure: 4psi
- 316L Stainless Steel Inner Manifold for high chlorinated water corrosion resistance
- φ58mm x 1800mm Three-Target Cu/SS-ALN(H)/SS-ALN(L)/ALN Vacuum Tubes, High Boron Silicon 3.3 Glass
- SOLAR POOL HEATER – The SunHeater Solar Pool Heating System allows you to capture free heat from the sun’s rays to effectively raise your pool water...
- EXTENDS POOL SEASON – Your pool’s pump pushes the water through the panel’s many tubes where it’s warmed by the sun and then returned into the...
- EASY TO INSTALL – This pool solar heater uses your existing filtration system and has 4 end caps, 2 elbows for flex hose connection, 6 stainless steel...
- Circulation pump is non-self-priming pump. Max Flow Rate: 2.1GPM, Max Discharge Head: 9.8ft
- 1/2" Male thread on the pump. The OD of the brass coupler is 10mm. NO POWER ADAPTER INCLUDED
- Power source: DC 12V(NOT INCLUDED), Rated current: 0.7A, Brushless Motor, Low noise: 30db at 1 metre, Service life: 30000 hours
- [Plug & Play] SAE connectors cable is easy to install and virtual free maintenance
- [Widely Used] Ideal solar power kit for variety of off grid applications including chicken coop, gate opener, water pump, electric fence, barn, shed, cabin...
- [Durable Panel] Waterproof 25 Watt solar panel with 9.84ft SAE connector cable, SAE connectors easy to connect and disconnect with controller, plug and...
- SOLAR POOL HEATER: The GAME SolarPRO Curve Solar Pool Heater has been designed for above-ground and most inground pools. It increases the pool temperature...
- DURABLE CONSTRUCTION: We’ve designed this above-ground solar pool heater with high-quality materials that will hold up against frequent exposure to the...
- UNIQUE CURVED SHAPE: The GAME solar pool heater has been engineered with a unique curved shape that maximizes heat collection. The treaded ports have been...
- The Solariver Solar Water Pump Kit moves large volumes of water without ever plugging into the grid! Perfect for large fountains, water features, ponds,...
- The durable and efficient submersible brushless magnetic pump has a long life (20,000+ hours), adjustable flow control, dry-run protection, removable...
- The 20 watt solar panel is framed with aluminum, comes with a stake and can be placed up to 16 feet away from the pump with included power cord. Optional...
- PORTABLE OUTDOOR WATER HEATER – Innovative System Runs on Propane Gas Tank to Heat Water for Showering, Washing Dishes, Cleaning Hands & Other Tasks
- COMFORTABLE CAMPSITE SHOWERS – Includes Water Temperature Control Knob, Hand Faucet/Spigot & Shower Head Attachment w/  Adjustable Spray Patterns
- PUMP & HEAT ON-THE-GO – Connect AC/DC Adapter to Outlet or 12V Cigarette Lighter to Car for Instant Hot Water; Perfect for Camping, Fishing, Hiking &...
What is the best solar water heater?
Choosing the best solar water heater is a very personal decision as it will depend directly on the use you are going to make. Our recommendation is that if you are looking for opinions, you are guided by those that refer to articles similar to the one you are looking for. This is important because a user who has bought the best solar water heater small size for swimming pools will obviously be able to recommend a model according to their experience.
In general terms, we can affirm that the solar water heaters of the Enera brand have a wide reputation and are very sold in the portals or line. This brand is recognized for its extensive catalog but also for the materials used in the manufacture of heaters that provide high durability and resistance.
Finally, remember that before deciding you must take into account what are the best brands, use and materials from which your solar water heater will be made as basic requirements to ensure your purchase.
Have you managed to buy cheap solar water heaters thanks to this guide? Tell us in the comments!