The electric generator is one of the most demanded devices in the market for its ability to convert mechanical energy into electrical energy, but have you ever wondered how it works?
The key to the operation of the electric generator is found in the so-called Faraday Law, which establishes, verbatim, that in order for an electric current to be generated there must be a movement between the conductor and the magnetic field since “the voltage induced in a closed circuit is directly proportional to the speed with which the magnetic flux that crosses any surface with the circuit as an edge changes over time “.
In other words, the electric generator uses a magnetic field to generate a movement of electrons and produce electrical energy.
- 1 Generator types that you can buy according to the need
- 1.1 Comment Parler Gratuitement Sur Elite Rencontre
- 1.2 Standby Generator, backup generators or automatic generator
- 1.3 Three-phase Generators or 3 phase Generators
- 1.4 Mini generators or Portable Generator
- 1.5 Best solar powered generator in the market
- 1.6 Portable generator for camping or rv
- 1.7 Electric Generator for Home
- 1.8 Top Best Inverter generator you can buy
- 1.9 Best Diesel Generator for sale
- 1.10 Best gasoline – gas power generators for sale of 2020
- 1.11 Top best Single Phase Generator for sale
- 2 What is an inverter electric generator?
- 3 What is a single-phase electric generator?
- 4 What is a three-phase electric generator?
- 5 How do electric generators work?
- 6 What is an electric generator for?
- 7 Types of electric generators according to the need
Generator types that you can buy according to the need
What is an inverter electric generator?
An Inverter generator is one that can filter the sine wave to generate a pure wave with the magnitude and frequency that is needed and thus overcome the negative and positive elements. In other words, this technology allows the regulator to emit a stable electric current that neutralizes the vulnerability of your electrical appliances and appliances to scattered sine waves of poor quality.
What is a single-phase electric generator?
Also known in English as a single-phase generator, a single-phase generator is a sinusoidal generator for the production, distribution and consumption of electrical energy consisting of two terminals and a single alternating current that conducts a single line of 110 volts.
What is a three-phase electric generator?
For its part, a three-phase generator, known in English as three-phase generator, is a sinuidal generator consisting of three monophasic alternating currents connected in a triangle or star. One of the great advantages of three-phase generators is that they have a higher performance of receivers, especially in engines
How do electric generators work?
An electric generator consists of four indispensable parts. The armature or coil, which in turn is made up of spirals that when rotating cut with their tips the induction lines of the magnetic field and introduce current and maintain it while the spirals are in motion. The group completes the brushes, which are responsible for externalizing the current generated, and the collector, which are welded rings.
In order to work, the current that this generator gives to the outside by means of the brushes, inverts its sense every time that the armature or coil turns half a turn. Each time this happens, the intensity increases from zero to a certain value, decreases until it reaches zero again and thus its value varies in the same way.
What are the Parts of an Electric generator?
The electric generator is composed of a series of elements through which it manages to operate correctly.
- Motor – It is the most important part because it is the source of the initial mechanical force.
- Alternator – It is responsible for the production of electrical output and mechanical input in electric generators.
In turn, alternator is formed by:
- Stator: The fixed external part of the machine in which the induced coils that produce the electric current are located. The stator is placed on a metal housing that serves as support.
- Rotor: This is the mobile component that turns inside the stator and that causes the magnetic inductor field generated by the induced winding.
- Fuel system – Depending on the electric generator model, it will have one capacity or another, although the average is a range of 6 to 8 hours.
- Voltage regulator – This element transforms the AC voltage into DC.
- Cooling and exhaust systems – It is responsible for monitoring that the electric generator does not overheat and is used as a way to the outside.
- Lubrication systems – Lubrication guarantees fluidity and durability of the electric generator activities.
What is an electric generator for?
Electric generators can be used to supply electricity to mobile homes. Likewise, they are used in commercial properties where electricity can not be lacking, such as hospitals and casinos; even some government properties, like dams, use generators, only some much more expensive and powerful than others.
These are very useful to help maintain electricity in homes during prolonged power outages. They can supply energy to the whole house or only to certain appliances.
Types of electric generators according to the need
They provide electricity in situations of natural disasters or faults in the electric current. They are generally portable. They can work with different types of fuel such as gasoline, diesel, biodiesel, propane and natural gas.
They are designed to power different power tools and air compressors in construction businesses or for remodeling. They need diesel or gasoline to function. They last for many hours before they need to be refueled with fuel. They are more portable than standby generators, but they do not produce as much electricity.
You can take advantage of natural resources to produce electricity. There are electricity generators that use windmills, water turbines and even solar energy. Water turbines are the most used today and are the most efficient.