There is something really magical about sleeping under the stars in a store planted in the middle of nature and away from the turmoil of the urban world. The territory of the United States offers several incredible national parks for their natural riches and landscapes of exceptional beauty. These immense natural spaces are quiet and silent places where you can only enjoy the fascinating sounds of nature. The national parks of North America are ideal destinations for camping and being as close as possible to nature.
- 1 What is camping?
- 2 In what places can I camp?
- 3 What should I take into account to camp?
- 4 Tips to go camping
- 5 What else do I have to take into account to go camping?
- 6 Why should I go camping?
- 7 How to choose the best place to camp?
- 8 Decide one of these great places to camp
- 9 Yellowstone National Park, Wyoming, Montana
- 10 Zion National Park, Utah
- 11 Yosemite National Park, California
- 12 Badlands National Park, South Dakota
- 13 Glacier National Park, Montana
- 14 Great Smoky Mountains National Park, Tennessee, North Carolina
- 15 Arches National Park, Utah
- 16 Grand Teton National Park, Wyoming
- 17 Joshua Tree National Park, California
- 18 Grand Canyon National Park, Arizona
- 19 Big Bend National Park, Texas
- 20 Acadia National Park, Maine
- 21 National Island Assateague Seashore
- 22 De Soto State Park, Alabama
- 23 Parks Jellystone of Bear Yogi camp-resort
- 24 Green Mountain National Forest, Vermont
- 25 Shenandoah National Park, Virginia
- 26 Minnewaska State Park Preserve, New York
- 27 Lake Tahoe, California
- 28 Sequoia National Forest
- 29 Santa Bárbara County
- 30 Cleveland National Forest
- 31 Big Bear Lake and Angeles National Forest
- 32 What should I bring for a camping day?
- 33 List of the best portable camping generators on the market
- 34 Other reviews of portable camping generators that might interest you
- 34.1 jackery | explorer 240 – The best efficient solar generator of 2020
- 34.2 Jackery Explorer 500 | The most powerful solar generator
- 34.3 ATIMA sd2000i | Best cheap portable generator for rv camping
- 34.4 jackery explorer 160 | The best cheap portable generator
- 34.5 Mini generators or Portable Generator
What is camping?
It is an outdoor activity to be in contact with nature where you sleep in tents or tents, in mobile homes, teepees, cabins. For a traditional camp you must have skills and qualities to handle the different situations that arise, although it is very popular not for all people, because they will not have the same comforts of your home or a hotel, you also have to take into account with whom you camp, it must be someone who likes this type of experience.
In what places can I camp?
The places where you can camp are very diverse, are forests, beaches, mountains, near large cities, National Parks, deserts or while doing a canoe trip.
What should I take into account to camp?
When camping, several points must be taken into account, first the list of things that must be carried, how to make a campfire and its care, the tent, the handling of the food, the care of the camping area, etc
Tips to go camping
When camping near water keep small children with lifeguards at all times, even if they do not go swimming to avoid any accidents, bring a first aid kit with thermometer, gauze, triple antibiotic cream, medicine for headache, stomach pain, for diarrhea, remember also the repellent. Store food in plastic containers outside the tent, do not leave food exposed as they attract animals, carry plenty of water, flashlights, maps and what you need in case of emergency.
What else do I have to take into account to go camping?
- Do not feed the animals.
- Be careful when camping in places that may suffer sudden flooding.
- Be courts with the other people who are camping around you.
- Do not camp in unauthorized places.
- Remember, the most important thing is to take care of nature, leave the place in perfect condition, turn off the fire well to avoid forest fires.
Some ideal accessories to have them on a camping day
- ✅ EXTREMELY BRIGHT POWERFUL HEADLIGHTS - Our head flashlights are built with longevity in mind. Each light is powered by 8 LEDs with visible light...
- ✅ 4 LIGHTING MODES - Your brand new head lamps allow you to choose between 4 different levels of light. Conveniently pick 2 bulb, 4 bulb or 8 bulb...
- ✅ LIGHT, COMFORTABLE & ADJUSTABLE - Our LED head lamps are so lightweight you won’t even know you’re wearing them. Super comfortable design that...
- STRONG AND DURABLE: The heavy-duty nylon strap with sturdy stitching will hold 150 lbs – plenty for camping lantern or lights,kitchen cookware,...
- EASY TO HANG: Wrap the 3 foot long strap to the larger tree and pull tight, then secure the 10 foot long strap to a nearby tree and connect the two straps...
- MULTIPLE LOOPS AND CARABINER HOOKS: The primary band features 19 loops and includes 8 carabiner hooks - the loops ingeniously keep the hooks from sliding...
- Heat absorbing design：This solar shower bag is made by environmental friendly and leak proof materials which are safe to human health. It heats water to...
- High Water Capacity:This camping shower bag can carry up to 5 gallons water for showering outdoor,let you enjoy a better and refreshing shower anywhere.
- Supplied With Useful Accessories :It supplied with a hose, a shower head and a water tap. Upgraded shower head offers an easy on/off switch with low to...
- Born for camping: this upgraded portable fan combines tent fan, camping light and aroma diffuser, circulate air evenly, lights up your tent or campsite in...
- VERSATILE PLACEMENT: This camping fan has a built-in hook to hang it on the tents, branches or inside a car. It can be mounted on wall as well as simply...
- Powered by rechargeable 5000mAh battery, the usb fan lasts up to 40hours with fan only and 18 days with light only. It also operates via a USB cable...
- Creative Hook Design - The outdoor lamp can be hung tighter, so don't worry about being blown off by the wind
- Bright And Comfortable Lamp - Using 3 LED lights, its high-setting of 100 Lumens offers maximum brightness that can easily light up about 4 square meters...
- Ease Of Use - Full Brightness, Half Brightness, and SOS. You can select your preferred mode according to different kinds of activities by pressing the...
- ★PORTABLE CAPACITY: The capacity of total laundry 13.4lbs(washer:7.9lbs,spinner 5.5lbs), Featuring Spin Wash and Spin Dry, washing and dehydration...
- ★EASY OPERATION:1300RPM motor with a voltage frequency of 110V/60HZ, Allowing you to simply put in your load of clothes and fill with water, then set the...
- ★CLEAN WASHING:Compact but able to fit in a decent sized load of clothing, you will amazed at how clean it getting everything, perfect for washing...
- 2-IN-1 combination of camping lantern and mosquito zapper; 360nm-400nm ultraviolet light
- It comes with a retractable hook, a removable ABS plastic lampshade and cage to protect you from touching the inner wire,more secure
- Our camping lantern equipped with 2200mAh rechargeable battery; SOLAR battery 5V1A USB and Android USB charging support
- ✓ MULTI FUNCTION - Multiple compartments for different requests of storage, strong long lasting round zippers. The bag will keep your cosmetic...
- ✓ DURABLE MATERIALS - This Cosmetic Bag is Made of high quality water-resistant Thickened Polyester Mesh will protect your personal items and bring you a...
- ✓ WITH HOOK AND HANDLE - The makeup bag is designed with one hook, convenient to be hung on the wall. Different sized compartments with mesh to keep the...
- High quality aluminum
- Swivel slip & split key ring; Holds keys or clips to anything
- Protects fuel from evaporating & lasts longer
Why should I go camping?
Life in the city can be too hectic and if you do not find time to relax, you could lose your senses. A trip to a campsite offers you the perfect opportunity to escape the noise and pollution in the city and enjoy nature at its best.
How to choose the best place to camp?
When choosing a camping site, you should settle in a place that is full of incredible features to make your stay a pleasant one. To help you in this regard, we have tried different places to find the best locations for camping in the USA. UU The places listed below are full of incredible features that will astonish and inspire nature fans in you.
Decide one of these great places to camp
Now we present a list of the best places to camp, prepare for the adventure!!!.
Yellowstone National Park, Wyoming, Montana
One of the most emblematic national parks in the United States is Yellowstone, which is the oldest in the world. It constitutes a great volcanic caldera that concentrates innumerable spectacular geothermal phenomena. Yellowstone covers almost 9,000 square kilometers and houses black bears, grizzlies, coyotes, wolves, moose, deer, wapiti and herds of bison. The wealth of wildlife and nature is exceptional and it is worth spending several nights in the store in this amazing place.
Zion National Park, Utah
Located in the state of Utah this park covers 593.26 square km. It has incredible virgin areas such as the famous Zion Canyon formed by the Virgin River. Here up to 289 species of birds, 32 reptiles and 75 mammals are developed, among which the coyote and the gray fox stand out. The park has a great natural variety, with desert conditions or colder zones between the 1190 and 1680 meters of altitude where you can see forests that house deer, golden eagles and bats.
Yosemite National Park, California
In the state of California is the impressive Yosemite National Park that covers an area of 3 108 square km. You can camp in the middle of valleys, meadows, giant sequoias, granite slopes and magical waterfalls. Designated World Heritage Site is one of the most spectacular parks in the United States and one of the favorite places for camping.
Badlands National Park, South Dakota
This extraordinary natural park offers eroded landscapes that are hillocks, pinnacles and arrows. Visitors can live an unforgettable experience in this place that is home to the Badlands, formed by 98,000 hectares of hills, peaks and very weathered needles that are mixed with the largest mixed grassland in the United States. In addition, it is an ideal place to sleep in tents and observe a great diversity of flora and fauna.
Glacier National Park, Montana
In the northern United States, near the border with Canada, is the state of Montana where some of the most beautiful landscapes of the country are hidden, particularly the Glacier National Park. It is a magical natural place with a great variety of plant and animal species such as the mountain goat, symbol of the park. This place is a true paradise to plant your tent and enjoy the contact of a virgin nature.
Great Smoky Mountains National Park, Tennessee, North Carolina
On the border between North Carolina and Tennessee, is the Great Smoky Mountains National Park, one of the largest natural areas in the United States. Its impressive variety of plants and animals is recognized worldwide along with the beauty of its ancient mountains and cultural vestiges of the southern Appalachian Indians. The park has a remarkable population of black bears.
Arches National Park, Utah
This park of the state of Utah stands out for its fascinating concentration of natural arches. With an area of 310 square km it has almost 2000 arches and other amazing rock formations. The forces of nature present millions of years of geological history in this natural space, with landscapes of extraordinary colors.
Grand Teton National Park, Wyoming
This park is named after the majestic Grand Teton Mountains that dominate the natural area, in the state of Wyoming, south of Yellowstone Park. The mountains surrounding pristine lakes are the steepest and most beautiful in the United States. It can be an unforgettable experience to sleep in the middle of these magnificent landscapes observing the wild life.
Joshua Tree National Park, California
Located in southeastern California, this park is home to two different ecosystems of deserts: the low-altitude Colorado desert and the higher Mojave desert. In addition, this area is the home of the Joshua tree, a species of trees found only in the United States.
Grand Canyon National Park, Arizona
This park of the state of Arizona has the famous Grand Canyon, a gorge of the Colorado River that constitutes a true wonder of nature. Declared a World Heritage Site by Unesco, the Grand Canyon of the Colorado River is an essential visit on a trip along the west coast of the United States. It is considered one of the wonders of the world and has several camp areas to make the most of the exceptional environment.
Big Bend National Park, Texas
You can consider this place as three parks in one because of its surroundings of mountains, deserts and rivers. This Texas park is known for the impressive expanse of its flowery deserts, plains and mountain ranges. It is formed by three natural divisions, the river that forms a linear oasis, the desert and the mountains where many animals live. There are many terrains in the area to camp and live magical experiences.
Acadia National Park, Maine
Sea and mountain are confused in this Acadia National Park, located off the Atlantic coast of the state of Maine in the United States. Precisely located on the island Mount Desert and offers a mosaic of green areas from which you can contemplate wonderful sunrises. It is an ideal place for lovers of nature and camping.
National Island Assateague Seashore
It belongs to Maryland and Virginia but you can only camp on the Maryland side, the closest city is Ocean City. In the camping spaces they do not have services but if grills and picnic tables, showers and water are nearby; You can camp all year round either in tent or in mobile homes, but from April 15 to October 15 it is advisable to make a reservation, it is possible to reserve up to six months in advance at recreation.gov. On the island you can enjoy bird watching, the beach, fishing, swimming, canoeing or enjoy a special feature that are wild horses that run free on the beaches. In July there is an annual event called “corraling of the pony”, where a herd of horses are surrounded by so-called saltwater vaqueros to take them to the water.
De Soto State Park, Alabama
In the northeast of the state with beautiful waterfalls, a spectacular flora, trails and a modern camp with 94 spaces surrounded by natural flora for privacy, some of which are primitive, others have light, sewer and water service, picnic tables , grills; the camp has a swimming pool, tennis courts, camp store, nature center, two comfort stations with showers and washing machines. The camp is also available for large RVs that need 50 amp connections. It allows booking in advance of up to three months. In this park you also find cabins for four people with cable TV, sheets, kitchen utensils and fireplace.
Parks Jellystone of Bear Yogi camp-resort
Focused on families, they belong to a franchise that has around 70 parks in the United States and Canada, they offer campsites in tents, some primitive and others with electricity, spaces for mobile homes, as well as cabins. The camp has swimming pools, mini-golf sites, games rooms, camp store, volleyball court, children’s juices, live music, activities and guided recreations, meetings with Yogi Bear and his friends. They have a program called “grandtravel” that is for grandparents camping with grandchildren but without children, they also have weekends with specific themes such as Halloween, Christmas in July, Easter, father’s day and birthday parties with Yogi Bear; Activities and amenities may vary depending on the park
Green Mountain National Forest, Vermont
This is another amazing place to camp in the United States. Located in the northeastern part of the country, near the Canadian border, the Green Mountain National Forest is an excellent place to camp thanks to its magnificent landscape and large open grounds.
It has the oldest path in the USA. UU That measures more than 270 miles that present you with a good challenge when you are enjoying nature. The park has camping areas 5 that you can choose for your camping adventures. These camps, however, do not come with the option of a discharge station or electrical connections, so come prepared to camp without these facilities.
The camping grounds are open throughout the year, but their accessibility varies according to the season. Some sites require a prior reservation, so it would be convenient to make a call in advance to reserve a place.
Shenandoah National Park, Virginia
Located on 75 miles of Washington DC, it is another breathtaking paradise for campers. Shenandoah National Park, Virginia is an amazing destination that has more than 500 miles of trails, beautiful waterfalls and viewpoints and wide open spaces.
Of the more than 500 miles of trails that this park offers, there is an 8-mile hike through Old Rag Mountain, which is the hardest in the region. This hike is also the most popular among campers, as it provides the most beautiful view of the park and its incredible features.
The park is open specifically during the summer, spring and fall, and you will have to make your reservations if you want to get a place to build a tent. So, what are you waiting for, get your phone and book a place today for an incredible outdoor stay?
Minnewaska State Park Preserve, New York
If you are in New York and looking for a good camping location, none is better than Minnewaska State Park Preserve. Located 90 miles north of New York, Minnewaska State Park Preserve is the perfect place to camp for nature lovers and outdoor enthusiasts.
The reserve sits 2,000 above sea level and contains all the features you need for the best outdoor experience. The terrain is rocky and hilly, so this park is ideal for hiking.
It also has many carriage roads that you can use to ride a bike and for your night walks. There are also amazing rock formations, waterfalls and transparent lakes that are a sight to behold. The dense forests and beautifully sculpted cliffs also add to the picturesque nature of the park and its appeal as a camping destination.
The park is open from May to November whenever the weather is favorable and you must make a reservation if you want to use the park to camp. This is because the park is in high demand among campers and if you go without a reservation, you may feel disappointed and lose a place.
Lake Tahoe, California
In Northern California, there are several essential places that are ready and waiting for your tent. Lake Tahoe is full of camping sites for tents and caravan sites. The Tahoe National Forest and the Lake Tahoe Basin have more than 20 camps, many hiking trails and phenomenal fishing. Tahoe is part of the Sierra Nevada range, making it easy to find a place to hang your camping hammock. As the largest alpine lake in North America, Lake Tahoe not only offers memorable landscapes but also many activities.
Sequoia National Forest
Moving into the interior of the state, the Sequoia National Forest has more than one million acres of area in the Sierra Nevada mountains. This means that you can wear your favorite mountain boots to cover the more than 800 miles of trails. There are plenty of camps within the Sequoia National Forest and nearby Kings Canyon National Park, where you can pitch your tent and enjoy the sights, sounds and smells of the great outdoors.
Santa Bárbara County
Moving even further down the coast of California, Santa Barbara County is full of beachfront campsites ranging from elegant to rustic. If you choose El Capitan Canyon Resort, you can store your tent in your briefcase so you can enjoy the luxurious glamping tents that come with maid service. Otherwise, El Capitan State Beach has camping bluff for those who like to take care of their own needs.
Cleveland National Forest
San Diego is a beautiful city for residents and visitors, but the surrounding natural environments make the city run for their money. There are a couple of parks that make camping perfect, depending on your wishes. Cleveland National Forest is a mountainous part where it really snows in the winter. In the warmer months, it is a great place to use your hiking boots to stake out a privileged place to relax in a camping hammock. For beach lovers, San Elijo State Beach has hiking trails and camping sites in the sand. You do not need hiking boots when you can simply dig your toes in the sand by the time you leave the store.
Big Bear Lake and Angeles National Forest
It is impossible to speak of California and not to mention Los Angeles. While it might seem that the City of Angels is not near a campground, this could not be further from the truth. Big Bear Lake and Angeles National Forest offer many rustic campsites, numerous hiking and biking trails, as well as fun to ski and fish. If you choose to camp in any of these areas, it is advisable to prepare for a wide range of creatures, large and small.
What should I bring for a camping day?
Camping tents and hammocks can be used in beautiful state and national parks throughout the state of California. Always bring your most comfortable mountain boots, an emergency electric generator and get ready to enjoy the trails and the terrain.